Subject: bug#36894: Stability issues in frameset sorting

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2019 22:04:12 +0300

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2019 21:09:17 +0300
> 
> Then created a completely new desktop in Emacs 26,
> but it didn't restore focus in the frame where it previously was.
> 
> And I don't see how Emacs 26 could restore focus,

Well, it does for me, and I think that's because the order of saving
the frames is such that the selected frame is saved last (and thus
restored last).

> 'last-focus-update' was added recently in Emacs 27.

How is that relevant?

> So this is a new feature that we could use now in the desktop
> to restore focus in the same frame where it was before.

Selected frame and frame that has focus is not the same thing,
definitely not with an arbitrary window-manager.

But I asked for a reproducible recipe, and I don't think you have
shown one.  Could you please do that?  I'd like to study it.

Thanks.