Subject: bug#36882: Qemu 4.2.0 build for x86_64-linux fails

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 17:36:12 +0100

Hi!

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> Yup, turned out patching GCC was too difficult. I'm experimenting a
>> filter over inputs passed to set-path-environment-variable in set-paths.
>
> This is also quite tricky, because the "libc" input passed to set-paths
> must not be removed from C_INCLUDE_PATH in (gnu packages commencement)
> for mes packages.

Yeah, fiddling with ‘set-paths’ sounds like opening a can of worms.

> So, maybe the best option is to patch QEMU directly, as proposed in
> the attached patch. WDYT?

I’m all in favor of that for now.  It’s likely that QEMU is the only
package having problems, as Marius noted (the GHC error sounds like it
could be something different), so I’d say go for the package-specific
solution for now.

Thanks,
Ludo’.