Subject: Re: Qemu 4.2.0 build for x86_64-linux fails

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 21:26:24 +0100

Hello Mathieu & Ludo,

(+ janneke)

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Yup, turned out patching GCC was too difficult. I'm experimenting a
>> filter over inputs passed to set-path-environment-variable in set-paths.
>
> This is also quite tricky, because the "libc" input passed to set-paths
> must not be removed from C_INCLUDE_PATH in (gnu packages commencement)
> for mes packages.

If that is the only issue preventing us from solving this problem for
all build systems, I'd say let's fix that.  We could rename it obviously,
though there are a few places that expect the "libc" key so it may become
unwieldly.

Can we find another way to detect the Mes toolchain, perhaps directly in
gnu-build-system where we apply this workaround?  E.g. look for inputs
where (string-contains (package-name input) "mesboot")?

Suggestions?