Subject: [bug#36875] [PATCH] doc: Document the use of `program-file' for mcron jobs.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 21:39:37 +0200

Hi Maxim,

> This follows up to my second post under the thread at
> (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2019-07/msg00180.html).
>
> It aims to shed some light on (more) complex mcron job Guile scripting
> with the aid of Guix features (such as program-file).

I wonder if this can be worked around some other way, e.g. by adding
srfi-26 to the “with-imported-modules” clause.

I don’t fully understand the problem as described in the addition to the
manual.  What does “imported syntax definitions wouldn't work correctly”
mean?

It would be useful to state that this is something to do with srfi-26.

About the patch:

- please replace tabs with spaces.

- “Beep the system when the battery reaches %MIN-LEVEL or less battery
  percent.” sounds odd.  How about “Beep when the battery percentage
  falls below %MIN-LEVEL.”?

- Can the example be simplified further?  Is (setenv "LC_ALL" "C")
  really needed here?

- instead of let* and when I’d probably use and-let*.

--
Ricardo