Subject: Re: bug#36864: hitting r deletes attachment rather than replying

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 07:03:29 +0200

Par Kurlberg <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've been bit by the following a couple of times: I read a message with
> an attachment, then look at the attachment (say by placing the cursor
> over it and hitting RET or similar), and then want to reply to the
> message by hitting r (which usually sets up a buffer for writing a
> reply).  However, when the cursor is on the attachment button this
> invokes gnus-mime-replace-part with the result of the attachment
> effectively being deleted.  (Supposedly it is saved somewhere on disk
> but this does not seem to work.)  In any case, even if saved somewhere
> I'm not sure that the "lost" attachment can be reattached into the
> message.  (I have looked but not found a way to undo
> gnus-mime-replace-part, perhaps I missed some easy solution here?)
>
> Bug report/feature request: could you *PLEASE* have "r" asking for
> confirmation?  Meanwhile I'll try to figure out how rebind "r" or just
> redefine gnus-mime-replace-part in my config. :-)

The command does prompt you for a file name to replace the MIME part
with, so I don't think asking for another confirmation will make much
difference.  

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no