Subject: bug#36864: hitting r deletes attachment rather than replying

From: Par Kurlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 01:22:56 +0200

Hi,

I've been bit by the following a couple of times: I read a message with
an attachment, then look at the attachment (say by placing the cursor
over it and hitting RET or similar), and then want to reply to the
message by hitting r (which usually sets up a buffer for writing a
reply).  However, when the cursor is on the attachment button this
invokes gnus-mime-replace-part with the result of the attachment
effectively being deleted.  (Supposedly it is saved somewhere on disk
but this does not seem to work.)  In any case, even if saved somewhere
I'm not sure that the "lost" attachment can be reattached into the
message.  (I have looked but not found a way to undo
gnus-mime-replace-part, perhaps I missed some easy solution here?)

Bug report/feature request: could you *PLEASE* have "r" asking for
confirmation?  Meanwhile I'll try to figure out how rebind "r" or just
redefine gnus-mime-replace-part in my config. :-)

Best,
Pär 

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2017-09-20 on lcy01-07, modified by Debian