Subject: bug#36858: closed ()

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 22:13:02 +0000

Your bug report

#36858: 27.0.50; display bugs with display-fill-column-indicator-mode

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36858: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36858
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 00:12:29 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed with the :extend attribute added to faces and merged in master in
commit: 3d6075e3ee8c447f8974b37007a1b1ae1af8917c

Subject: 27.0.50; display bugs with display-fill-column-indicator-mode
From: Davor Rotim <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 20:11:04 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, in the attached images are two cases I noticed where
`display-fill-column-indicator-mode' causes display bugs. First case is
with faces that use the :overline or :underline property, the lines will
extend fully towards the indicator. Second case is with `company-mode' when
there's no text entered and the completion dialog pops up which
display-fill-column-indicator-mode treats like ordinary text.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.10,
cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2019-07-30 built on lambda
Repository revision: 99156a03bfee8304cf2644470dceb668e6262c98
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 -fno-plt' --prefix=/home/drot/.local
 '--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags.emacs/' --with-cairo
 --with-modules --enable-link-time-optimization --disable-gcc-warnings'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD
JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP