Subject: bug#36849: 26.2; Misleading info in Gnus info about nndiary

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 17:51:06 +0200

Allen Li <[email-masked]> writes:

> The Gnus Info manual about nndiary says this:
>
> (info "(gnus)Sending or Not Sending")
>
>    • However, since ‘nndiary’ also has a ‘request-post’ method, you can
>      also use ‘C-u a’ instead of ‘C-u m’ on a diary group and the
>      message won’t actually be sent; just stored locally in the group.
>      This comes in very handy for private appointments.
>
> This is misleading because the "a" key for nndiary defaults to composing
> mail (I guess because nndiary is a mail backend).  This results in a
> message that is sent, which would be undesirable for a new user who may
> accidently mail something private.

I've never used nndiary before, so I'm not sure I'm doing it right.

If I

`G m diary RET nndiary RET'

then I get an nndiary group, and as you say, `C-u a' opens a message
mode buffer, and if I put something in the To header, the message is
sent to that recipient.  So the documentation here is wrong -- or
there's a bug, and `C-u a' is supposed to not send anything.

> Instead, one must use the "S i" key to force composing a news post in
> order to 'request-post' to the nndiary group.

Hm.  The "S i" key?  That's not bound in my Group buffer.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no