Subject: bug#36843: 26.2; ERC lurker feature broken

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 12:45:19 -0400

Amin Bandali <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: Amin Bandali <[email-masked]>

This address seems to be different than what's in the copyright list.
Could you use that one, since otherwise it's a bit confusing as to
whether I'm actually looking at the entry of the right person.

> Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 14:09:11 -0400
> Subject: [PATCH] Fix erc-lurker-update-status
>
> Fix erc-lurker-update-status (bug#36843), broken since
> d0fcaff514d2be16ccf73817f658318cf85221e3.
>
> * lisp/erc/erc.el: define `erc-message-parsed', lexically bind it in

Instead of "lexically" I believe you actually mean "dynamically"
(binding lexically is the cause of the bug).  And I would reformat like
this:

    Fix erc-lurker-update-status (bug#36843)

    Broken since 2013-08-22 "* lisp/erc/erc.el: Use lexical-binding".

    * lisp/erc/erc.el (erc-message-parsed): New variable.
    (erc-display-message): Dynamically bind it.
    (erc-lurker-update-status): Check it instead of using `parsed'
    directly.  This results in `erc-lurker-state' being properly updated
    to keep track of non-lurkers, and thus `erc-lurker-p' returning
    correct results rather than return t for everyone.