Subject: Re: bug#36839: 26.1: unique frame names

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 21:00:46 +0300

> Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 13:49:33 -0400
> From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> I'm referring to the NAME parameter of the alist variable, which sets
> the frame NAME that appears by default in the mode-line, and which is
> used by function `select-frame-by-name'. I'm not sure what you mean by
> frame title.

You are describing a TTY frame.  OK.

> I'm using C-x 5 b (M-x select-frame-by-name) to switch between frames
> and in my case, I would like the names to be more informative than just
> Fnn.

Then give your frames names, you have functions to do that.  What
exactly is the problem?

> In a more general sense, if emacs is offering the NAME parameter,
> it should assume the parameter will be used, and currently emacs isn't
> handling its use well.

Can you show an example of "not handling its use well"?