Subject: bug#36837: 26.2; whitespace-mode: whitespace-line-column is not set to local fill-column

From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 09:14:11 +0100

On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 07:01:18 +0200
Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>

>> I've been somewhat out of things as well, but I believe emacs-27 is
>> still open for bug fixes.  And I would classify this as a bug fix, so no
>> NEWS needed.
>
> I won't argue if this is a bug fix or not, but why is it urgent to
> have this in Emacs 27?

I find that question hard to address (isn't the "bug fix or not", and of
course _your_ and other maintainers' personal definition of "bug fix"
and "urgent" precisely the crucial factors for answering it?).

Personally I don't see any reason not to consider behaviours observed in
both bug reports bugs, but "urgent" certainly sounds more dramatic than
I feel about it. IOW, I don't feel strongly about having to have this in
27, especially in case of any doubts on maintainers' part.

-- 
Štěpán