Subject: Re: bug#36837: 26.2; whitespace-mode: whitespace-line-column is not set to local fill-column

From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 21:10:34 +0200

On Fri, 02 Aug 2019 21:51:51 +0300
Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Maybe I'm being thick, but have you (and Andreas) actually read what
>> I wrote?
>
> Do you realize how rude this kind of question sounds?

If I did I definitely wouldn't have posed it that way and I'm sorry if
that upset you. I simply stated what I (still) mean: it seems to me that
your and Andreas's response did not address what I wrote, and I can only
think of two possible explanations: either you actually really did and
somehow I don't realize it (i.e., I'm stupid, thick or however one might
call it, or simply misunderstanding), or you must be misunderstanding
what I wrote.

>> I.e., instead of restating the obvious (mode hooks are more general
>> and should be overridden by file-local variables; no disagreement
>> there), could you provide some concrete counter-arguments to my
>> arguments?
>
> We just did, both of us.

OK. I don't see it that way or just don't get it, I'm sorry. No need to
assume ill will or offense, I have no idea why I should want to waste
our time that (or any other) way.

-- 
Štěpán