Subject: Re: bug#36830: 26.2; find-file-visit-truename is not honored as file local variable

From: Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 10:04:48 -0300

Hi Lars,

thank you for looking into this.

On Fri, Aug 23 2019, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

>
> Could you include the contents of this file?

Sure. The file from which I reported, and which I include here now, was 
just a dummy file with the variable of interest set to true with 
`add-file-local-variable`:

#+name: TargetFile.txt
#+begin_example

;; Local Variables:
;; find-file-visit-truename: t
;; End:
#+end_example

(Also in annex)

As I send you this now, I realize I should perhaps have chosen some 
other file format for the report, as text-mode does not have a 
predefined comment syntax. I don’t know if this is relevant to the local 
variables machinery. I suppose it isn’t, as my initial issue with this 
arose in Org files, for which the comment syntax is clear. But if some 
adjustments on the report for a more proper setting are somehow 
desired/relevant, let me know.

Best regards,
Gustavo.