Subject: bug#36828: 27.0.50; Uninstalled emacs shows installed documentation

From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 14:13:24 +0200

On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 02:36:05 +0200
Óscar Fuentes wrote:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Bottom line: I'm not sure we should rock that particular boat for an
>> unusual use case such as yours.
>
> I don't think this case is so unusual: updating, building and running
> the new Emacs (for minutes, hours or weeks) to check that it is ok
> before installing. (My use case is a bit different, but equivalent.)
>
> Anyways, this is not very important for me either. Closing.

FWIW, it find your use case totally legit and not unusual at all. I can
understand if nobody feels like attempting a fix right now, but at least
keeping the report open would help anyone searching for the issue (and
I'm glad I have learned about it from your report as I can imagine being
confused by this behaviour myself).

-- 
Štěpán