Subject: bug#36828: closed (Re: bug#36828: 27.0.50; Uninstalled emacs shows installed documentation)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 17:09:02 +0000

Your bug report

#36828: 27.0.50; Uninstalled emacs shows installed documentation

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36828: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36828
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#36828: 27.0.50; Uninstalled emacs shows installed documentation
From: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 18:08:42 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed in master e6b806f29e06e472a44763def6b4d904b5f1ba54.

C-h i still does not show the non-installed info directory.

Subject: 27.0.50; Uninstalled emacs shows installed documentation
From: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2019 17:07:20 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On a build directory:

src/emacs -Q

C-h N

M-: (buffer-file-name)

"/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/etc/NEWS"

Maybe this is caused because, time ago, I installed Emacs from the build
directory, but since I pulled new changes and rebuilt Emacs. So now
emacs instances launched from the build directory are showing stalled
documentation.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2019-07-28 built on sky
Repository revision: 77ee23d1ede9eece3eab4cc67d7f2e72d30a1117
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid