Subject: bug#36814: closed (Re: [bug#36814] [PATCH 0/2] Add VA-API Intel back-end and utilities)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 21:30:03 +0000

Your bug report

#36814: [PATCH 0/2] Add VA-API Intel back-end and utilities

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36814: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36814
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#36814] [PATCH 0/2] Add VA-API Intel back-end and utilities
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 23:29:35 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Guix-patches 写道：
> Guix,
>
> The following patches add the VA-API back end for Intel GEN 
> chips as
> well as libva-utils (which provides vainfo amongst many other 
> things).

Pushed atop master as 3563220e1e46b8a1b9af1e3a4c6cb3f9560c2460 &c.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Add VA-API Intel back-end and utilities
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: Guix-patches <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 05:27:36 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Guix,

The following patches add the VA-API back end for Intel GEN chips 
as well as libva-utils (which provides vainfo amongst many other 
things).  I've tested them on my Ivy Bridge laptop and they work 
wonderfully.

However.

libva (I guess) searches for the back end in mesa's store output 
by default:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
vainfo 
libva info: VA-API version 1.4.1
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open 
/gnu/store/clhrbkacyrclwzkzdj2ql8y572whwjzi-mesa-19.1.1/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1
vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I don't know enough about libva or mesa to know how all this can 
be made to compose nicely.

I just tested and enjoyed VA-API acceleration by (icky icky boo 
boo) copying intel-vaapi-driver's library to the mesa store 
directory, so I need help in more ways than one.

Kind regards,

T G-R