Subject: [bug#36814] [PATCH 0/2] Add VA-API Intel back-end and utilities

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 19:58:53 +0200

Jelle,

Thank you for testing!

Jelle Licht 写道：
> A cursory check using the LIBVA_DRIVERS_PATH workaround on a 
> youtube
> video using mpv seems to indicate that your packages work 
> wonderfully
> (~16% cpu load normally -> ~5% cpu load with vaapi flags).

On my Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics 
Controller, the results were even more exciting: from ~35% to ~7% 
CPU load while playing a 720p H.264 film.  That's a factor of 5.

Sadly, my hardware's too old to accelerate H.265 (HEVC) stream 
(they play just fine on the CPU), but even so: a significant 
majority of my media collection just got significantly 
accelerated…  for free!  \o/

I love this business,

T G-R