Subject: Re: bug#36813: 'lower-gexp' does not respect 'system' or 'target' keywords

From: "Jakob L. Kreuze" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 11:37:20 -0400

Could you please try to reproduce using the example I provided? The derivation itself is handled appropriately, but its references are not.

On July 26, 2019 11:28:11 AM EDT, "Ludovic Courtès" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>[email-masked] (Jakob L. Kreuze) skribis:
>
>> Changing it to the following:
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC scheme
>> (lower-gexp exp
>>             #:system "i686-linux"
>>             #:target "i686-unknown-linux-gnu"
>>             #:guile-for-build #f)
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> The Guile used is still a 64-bit LSB executable.
>
>I can’t reproduce it on current ‘master’:
>
>--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>scheme@(guile-user)> ,run-in-store (lower-gexp #~(+ 2 3)
>#:guile-for-build #f #:system "mips64el-linux")
>$6 = #<<lowered-gexp> sexp: (+ 2 3) inputs: () sources: () guile:
>#<<derivation-input> drv: #<derivation
>/gnu/store/jsnihqsz6nxwv88pr41i2y3403f959cf-guile-2.2.4.drv =>
>/gnu/store/n2570pg8cahc8k9iqrg5qngyzf6j0xzr-guile-2.2.4-debug
>/gnu/store/j9a8dx25cj045yl5l32ajkkjf92ib3y1-guile-2.2.4 46e3230>
>sub-derivations: ("out")> load-path: () load-compiled-path: ()>
>scheme@(guile-user)> (derivation-system (derivation-input-derivation
>(lowered-gexp-guile $6)))
>$7 = "mips64el-linux"
>--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
>Not even when cross-compiling (BTW, #:target probably doesn’t make
>sense
>above, since it’s cross-compiling from i686 to i686):
>
>--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>scheme@(guile-user)> ,run-in-store (lower-gexp #~(+ 2 3)
>#:guile-for-build #f #:system "mips64el-linux" #:target "i586-pc-gnu")
>$8 = #<<lowered-gexp> sexp: (+ 2 3) inputs: () sources: () guile:
>#<<derivation-input> drv: #<derivation
>/gnu/store/jsnihqsz6nxwv88pr41i2y3403f959cf-guile-2.2.4.drv =>
>/gnu/store/n2570pg8cahc8k9iqrg5qngyzf6j0xzr-guile-2.2.4-debug
>/gnu/store/j9a8dx25cj045yl5l32ajkkjf92ib3y1-guile-2.2.4 46e3230>
>sub-derivations: ("out")> load-path: () load-compiled-path: ()>
>scheme@(guile-user)> (derivation-system (derivation-input-derivation
>(lowered-gexp-guile $8)))
>$9 = "mips64el-linux"
>--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
>Am I missing something?
>
>Thanks,
>Ludo’.

-- 
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.