Subject: Re: Guix fails to build with libgc 8.0.4

From: Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 15:16:53 +0100

On 20.11.19 15:09, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> This failed with the same result:
>>
>> /gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-5.0.7/bin/bash:
>> line 7: 25584 Aborted                 (core dumped)
>> XDG_CACHE_HOME=/nowhere host=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu srcdir="."
>> ./pre-inst-env
>> /gnu/store/xrcl2csd0ps5n0zwj8r7knkxjnz4pfbh-guile-2.2.6/bin/guile -L "."
>> -L "." --no-auto-compile -s "."/build-aux/compile-all.scm [*.scm]
>
> So you built Guile (through Guix) against libgc 8.0.4, and then you
> tried to use that Guile to build Guix, is that correct?

Yes, that's what I did. So the problem really is with Guile not
supporting libgc 8.0.4...