Subject: [bug#36807] remove obsolete broken haskell packages

From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 09:29:56 -0400

Hi Robert,

Robert Vollmert <[email-masked]> writes:

> This series removes some outdated packages that don’t build and
> aren’t depend on.

I remember that we intended to remove these last year.  Indeed, Ricardo
mentioned it when we were finishing up the upgrade to GHC 8.4:

    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-09/msg00330.html

Based on that, we could also get rid of “ghc-packedstring” if it doesn’t
have any dependants.

Now for my usual commit message nit-picking.  :)  You should drop the
parenthetical “broken and unused” note and add a period to the end of
the first line, like this:

    gnu: Remove ghc-regex-tdfa-rc.

One of the commits says “It...” and the other says “This package...”.
They might as well be the same.  Lastly, it’s usually “remove variable”
instead of “remove package”.

Other than that, LGTM.  Thanks!  (Do you have commit access now or
should I push these?)

-- Tim