Subject: bug#36803: 27.0.50; Update mode-line of every window when compilation ends

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 11:42:27 +0200

Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]> writes:

> The recent changes on the compilation-in-progress indicator[1] made me
> realize that the indicator lingers in the mode-lines of some windows.
> To reproduce from emacs -Q:
>
>     C-x 2
>     C-x 2
>     M-x compile RET C-a C-k true RET
>
> "[Compiling]" correctly disappears from the current window and the
> compilation window, but it lingers on the mode-line of the third window.

Was this the case before, too, when the "Compiling" lighter was
displayed from minor-mode-alist, or is that somehow updated...
differently? 

> The attached patch trivially fixes the issue; I do not know whether it's
> appropriate, or maybe too heavyweight.
>
> WDYT?

-    (force-mode-line-update)
+    (force-mode-line-update t)

>From the doc string, that sounds like the right thing to do -- I mean,
the lighter is displayed in all mode lines, so I guess you have to do it
that way?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no