Subject: Re: bug#36779: 25.1; mouse click not recognized for frames with large left position

From: Eijiro Sumii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 16:33:56 +0900 (JST)

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 12:07 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I think PROBLEMS entries should be short and concise.  They should
> tell the reader what is the reason for the problem

For this purpose, I think the first sentence suffices as a minimal
summary, while the details can only be explained via the link.

> and how to fix it

Again I think this is clear from the first sentence (and an explicit
workaround has also been added in the third sentence).

> in a cookbook fashion.  Sending the reader to read up a discussion of
> a bug is inconsistent with doing that.

Since the first (and third) sentenc(es) give(s) a cookbook summary,
the details can best be left for the link (at least that was my
intention when I wrote it, which I believe is clear from the explicit
phrase "for details").

> Let's please not forget that
> people who read PROBLEMS are already annoyed by the problem, they are
> not in the mood of reading too much.  They need TL;DR, the bottom
> line.

Again I believe the first (and third) sentenc(es) is/are the necessary
and sufficient TL;DR, while the link is needed for people who want to
know the details (at least I would be annoyed if there is only a few
line summary and no more information).

Best,

	Eijiro