Subject: bug#36779: 25.1; mouse click not recognized for frames with large left position

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 17:26:53 +0300

> From: Eijiro Sumii <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 18:09:00 +0900
> Cc: Eijiro Sumii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> * X runtime problems
> 
> ** General X problems
> 
> *** Coordinates of mouse clicks not recognized correctly on multiple monitors
> 
> This problem happens on a proprietary X server ( http://www.astec-x.com/ )
> when the number of monitors is changed after the server has started.
> It is a limitation of the server according to the manufacturer, but
> known to exhibit only in combination with Emacs (not other X clients
> or GNOME applications) for some unknown reason.  See
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36779 for details.
> ----------

Thanks.  Some comments:

  . We generally avoid naming proprietary products, and instead say
    something like "some proprietary X servers".
  . The part that this problem is only known to happen with Emacs
    doesn't seem important (this is, after all, a file that deals
    solely with Emacs-related problems), and I'd omit it.
  . I'd prefer not to send the reader to read the bug discussion, and
    instead would tell here the important parts of what was said there
    that clarify the issue (if there are such details there).
  . We usually try to describe some workarounds -- do they exist in
    this case?