Subject: Re: bug#36779: 25.1; mouse click not recognized for frames with large left position

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 17:21:28 +0200

>>>>> On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 21:01:00 +0900, Eijiro Sumii <[email-masked]> said:

    Eijiro> On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 4:01 PM martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:
    >> >> Can you mark text with the mouse?
    >> > No, I cannot.
    >> So the mouse down event is probably not recognized.

    Eijiro> In fact, it seems partially recognized.  I find the situation with
    Eijiro> split windows (C-x 3) even weirder - too weird that I cannot explain
    Eijiro> in text, so forgive me for the Dropbox link to a ~100 MB movie (with
    Eijiro> sounds of the mouse button up and down - sorry for my unstable left
    Eijiro> hand!):

    Eijiro> https://www.dropbox.com/s/dbzigg9qggkyvig/IMG_6263.MOV?dl=0

    Eijiro> As you can see, the behavior of mouse clicks on the right split window
    Eijiro> seems almost random.  The environment is:

    Eijiro> - My left 1920x1080 monitor is
    Eijiro> https://www.dropbox.com/s/32f4pijigil3dgf/IMG_6260.JPG?dl=0

    Eijiro> - My right 3840x2160 monitor is
    Eijiro> https://www.dropbox.com/s/2advpxq1988uxac/IMG_6259.JPG?dl=0

    Eijiro> - The border between the split windows of Emacs is slightly to the
    Eijiro> right of the center of the right monitor.

    Eijiro> - The X server treats the two monitors like a single 5760x2160 monitor.

That seems strange: It scales the height of the left monitor but not
the width? Or does the X server pretend that itʼs a single monitor
with a chunk missing?

Regards

Robert