Subject: Re: bug#36777: Guix Inferiors: Curious incorrect derivation output bug

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 09:50:45 +0200

Hello Carl,

Carl Dong <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I have my manifest.scm here:
> https://github.com/dongcarl/bitcoin/blob/2019-06-guix-channels-and-inferiors/contrib/guix/manifest.scm,
> and it references the aforementioned Guix channel.

This one appears to work for me (I interrupted it before it was done
compiling all the toolchains, though.)

> What I expect to happen is that now when I change my default profile's Guix
> version by 'guix pull'ing, it won't affect the environment that's generated by
> the manifest.scm. I've tested this with differing versions of Guix as my default
> profile, and this seems to work with 7304d5623ab5cc35289cb1535cbd0d8a37691fac
> and 7f1c69f5d32bee6b8b6b902a9ce445e04aa9d07d being my default profile. However,
> I tried an older version b6dc08393e6a8313b88ce422fc3c1e4e9c0efc6f, and got the
> following error:

When I put b6dc08393e6a8313b88ce422fc3c1e4e9c0efc6f in .guix-channel and
use that as my channel, it also works fine (well, I commented out the
toolchains as well.)

> ```
> guix environment: error: derivation `/gnu/store/r641vpqc9rfjhljf7rzfzwmkmpa642ls-info-dir.drv' has incorrect output `/gnu/store/q9hkdidycz3wq28xxgjq47bzx5s39k52-info-dir', should be `/gnu/store/z5hh2nl0h58b9f6hdxfwm00gjyxfcc3n-info-dir'
> ```

That definitely looks like a bug.

Could you send the faulty info-dir.drv file?

Thanks,
Ludo’.