Subject: Re: bug#36767: 26.1; request: add more quick keys to the *Help* buffer

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 17:45:13 +0300

> From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 16:32:23 +0200
> 
> > The nuisance is to have to switch to the Help window.  That variable
> > saves the command to switch to it, but it doesn't change the fact that
> > you are no longer in your original window/buffer.  Viewing help
> > shouldn't interfere with the window/buffer where you do your main
> > work, IMO.
> 
> I'm using this:
> 
> (defun srb-quit-help (&optional any-frame)
>   "Quit *Help* buffer without selecting it.
> With prefix argument ANY-FRAME quit *Help* on any visible frame,

Thanks.  But what I'd like to have is not a way of burying the Help
window, because I frequently need to consult it for quite some time.
What I'd like to have is a way of using its buttons without going to
that other window first.  For example, I'd love a command, bound to a
key globally, that would display the source of the function in the
same window as the Help window, then allow me to go back to the Help
window.