Subject: bug#36767: 26.1; request: add more quick keys to the *Help* buffer

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 09:20:02 +0200

>>>>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 09:02:18 +0300, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> said:

    >> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
    >> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 23:34:36 +0300
    >> Cc: [email-masked], ndame <[email-masked]>
    >> 
    >> it would be possible to type just 'C-h v RET c' to customize it.

    Eli> You forget the need to switch to the *Help* buffer before typing 'c',
    Eli> don't you?

    Eli> And that need to go to *Help* is, for me, the single significant
    Eli> annoyance with Help commands.  For example, I frequently want to look
    Eli> at the source of a function whose doc string I just requested, and its
    Eli> a nuisance to have to click on the button there or go to the *Help*
    Eli> buffer, find the button, and press RET.

I guess you donʼt like (setq help-window-select t)

    Eli> So how about some special prefix key and a keymap to allow invoking
    Eli> these commands from a buffer other than *Help*?

That would be good

Robert
--