Subject: Re: bug#36767: 26.1; request: add more quick keys to the *Help* buffer

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 09:02:18 +0300

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 23:34:36 +0300
> Cc: [email-masked], ndame <[email-masked]>
> 
> it would be possible to type just 'C-h v RET c' to customize it.

You forget the need to switch to the *Help* buffer before typing 'c',
don't you?

And that need to go to *Help* is, for me, the single significant
annoyance with Help commands.  For example, I frequently want to look
at the source of a function whose doc string I just requested, and its
a nuisance to have to click on the button there or go to the *Help*
buffer, find the button, and press RET.

So how about some special prefix key and a keymap to allow invoking
these commands from a buffer other than *Help*?

> diff --git a/lisp/help-mode.el b/lisp/help-mode.el
> index 48cf435f97..24b7ffaa2a 100644
> --- a/lisp/help-mode.el
> +++ b/lisp/help-mode.el

No changes in documentation to go with this?

Thanks.