Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Switch to Guile-JSON 3.x

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 12:13:37 +0200

Hello Guix!

This is the big switch to Guile-JSON 3.x!

As a reminder, Guile-JSON 3.x changes the mapping between JSON data
structures and Scheme data structures in an incompatible way compared
to 1.x.  Essentially, JSON dictionaries now map to alists (instead of
hash tables), and JSON arrays map to vectors (instead of lists.)

The patch updates all the code in one go, mostly because a single Guile
process cannot have two different (json) modules loaded at the same
time.

When we update the ‘guix’ package, everything that depends on it will
also have to be updated to a snapshot that uses Guile-JSON 3.x: cuirass,
hpcguix-web, and rcas-web.  I count on you, dear reader, to help in
those areas.  :-)

Comments?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  maint: Switch to Guile-JSON 3.x.
  gnu: guile-json: Define 'guile-json-1'.
  gnu: Explicitly refer to 'guile-json-1' when needed.

 configure.ac                        |  4 ++--
 doc/guix.texi                       |  2 +-
 gnu/installer.scm                   |  4 ++--
 gnu/installer/locale.scm            | 21 +++++++++--------
 gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm     |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/ci.scm                 |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm          |  6 ++---
 gnu/packages/guile.scm              |  4 ++++
 gnu/packages/mail.scm               |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/package-management.scm |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/web.scm                |  2 +-
 gnu/system/vm.scm                   |  2 +-
 guix/docker.scm                     | 19 ++++++++--------
 guix/git-download.scm               |  4 ++--
 guix/import/cpan.scm                | 14 ++++++------
 guix/import/crate.scm               |  6 ++---
 guix/import/gem.scm                 | 10 ++++++---
 guix/import/json.scm                | 11 ++-------
 guix/import/pypi.scm                |  8 +++----
 guix/import/stackage.scm            |  4 ++--
 guix/import/utils.scm               | 25 +++++----------------
 guix/scripts/import/json.scm        |  2 +-
 guix/scripts/pack.scm               |  2 +-
 guix/self.scm                       |  2 +-
 guix/swh.scm                        | 35 ++++++++++++++++-------------
 m4/guix.m4                          | 21 +++++++++++++++++
 tests/import-utils.scm              | 22 ++++++++++++++++++
 27 files changed, 140 insertions(+), 102 deletions(-)

-- 
2.22.0