Subject: Re: [bug#36760] [PATCH 0/3] Switch to Guile-JSON 3.x

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 22:47:45 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> When we update the ‘guix’ package, everything that depends on it will
>> also have to be updated to a snapshot that uses Guile-JSON 3.x: cuirass,
>> hpcguix-web, and rcas-web.  I count on you, dear reader, to help in
>> those areas.  :-)
>
> Commit 2eb0628a423a36bc21777d7439885baa9a9a8e6d updates the ‘guix’ and
> ‘cuirass’ packages to use Guile-JSON 3.x.  ‘hpcguix-web’ was updated
> earlier, in commit 4b0356590a57bc27a61956b981f4a90efcf9c92d.

Thank you!

> I haven’t checked rcas-web though; Ricardo?

rcas-web doesn’t talk to Guix, so its use of an older Guile JSON is not
a problem.  If we want to let “guile-json” point to 3.x that’s fine;
we’d just let rcas-web use the 1.x variant.

(I’ll update it at some point in the future, but it doesn’t seem
critical.)

--
Ricardo