Subject: bug#36760: closed (Re: [bug#36760] [PATCH 0/3] Switch to Guile-JSON 3.x)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 22:40:02 +0000

Your bug report

#36760: [PATCH 0/3] Switch to Guile-JSON 3.x

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36760: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36760
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#36760] [PATCH 0/3] Switch to Guile-JSON 3.x
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 00:39:39 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

>   maint: Switch to Guile-JSON 3.x.
>   gnu: guile-json: Define 'guile-json-1'.
>   gnu: Explicitly refer to 'guile-json-1' when needed.

Pushed!

  91f55717ab gnu: Explicitly refer to 'guile-json-1' when needed.
  584a3ca3a4 gnu: guile-json: Define 'guile-json-1'.
  81c3dc3224 maint: Switch to Guile-JSON 3.x.

Compared to what I sent, I updated the ‘github’ and ‘launchpad’
updaters, which I had forgotten.

Now we need to adjust cuirass, hpcguix-web, and rcas-web.  I’m taking a
look at hpcguix-web.

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Switch to Guile-JSON 3.x
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 12:13:37 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix!

This is the big switch to Guile-JSON 3.x!

As a reminder, Guile-JSON 3.x changes the mapping between JSON data
structures and Scheme data structures in an incompatible way compared
to 1.x.  Essentially, JSON dictionaries now map to alists (instead of
hash tables), and JSON arrays map to vectors (instead of lists.)

The patch updates all the code in one go, mostly because a single Guile
process cannot have two different (json) modules loaded at the same
time.

When we update the ‘guix’ package, everything that depends on it will
also have to be updated to a snapshot that uses Guile-JSON 3.x: cuirass,
hpcguix-web, and rcas-web.  I count on you, dear reader, to help in
those areas.  :-)

Comments?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  maint: Switch to Guile-JSON 3.x.
  gnu: guile-json: Define 'guile-json-1'.
  gnu: Explicitly refer to 'guile-json-1' when needed.

 configure.ac                        |  4 ++--
 doc/guix.texi                       |  2 +-
 gnu/installer.scm                   |  4 ++--
 gnu/installer/locale.scm            | 21 +++++++++--------
 gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm     |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/ci.scm                 |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm          |  6 ++---
 gnu/packages/guile.scm              |  4 ++++
 gnu/packages/mail.scm               |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/package-management.scm |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/web.scm                |  2 +-
 gnu/system/vm.scm                   |  2 +-
 guix/docker.scm                     | 19 ++++++++--------
 guix/git-download.scm               |  4 ++--
 guix/import/cpan.scm                | 14 ++++++------
 guix/import/crate.scm               |  6 ++---
 guix/import/gem.scm                 | 10 ++++++---
 guix/import/json.scm                | 11 ++-------
 guix/import/pypi.scm                |  8 +++----
 guix/import/stackage.scm            |  4 ++--
 guix/import/utils.scm               | 25 +++++----------------
 guix/scripts/import/json.scm        |  2 +-
 guix/scripts/pack.scm               |  2 +-
 guix/self.scm                       |  2 +-
 guix/swh.scm                        | 35 ++++++++++++++++-------------
 m4/guix.m4                          | 21 +++++++++++++++++
 tests/import-utils.scm              | 22 ++++++++++++++++++
 27 files changed, 140 insertions(+), 102 deletions(-)

-- 
2.22.0