Subject: bug#36754: closed (Re: bug#36754: SSH connections to hydra-slave{1, 2, 3} fail during builds)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 08:42:01 +0000

Your bug report

#36754: SSH connections to hydra-slave{1,2,3} fail during builds

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36754: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36754
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#36754: SSH connections to hydra-slave{1, 2, 3} fail during builds
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>, Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 10:41:32 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

AFAICS we no longer have connection issues to
hydra-slave{1,2,3}.netris.org so I’m closing this bug.

Ludo’.

Subject: New linux-libre failed to build on armhf on Berlin
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 19:56:20 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In commit 1ad9c105c208caa9059924cbfbe4759c8101f6c9, I changed our
linux-libre packages to deblob the linux-libre source tarballs
ourselves, i.e. to run the deblobbing scripts provided by the
linux-libre project to produce linux-libre source tarballs from the
upstream linux tarballs:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=1ad9c105c208caa9059924cbfbe4759c8101f6c9

The following queries show that the updated packages built successfully
on x86_64, i686, and aarch64, but they all failed on armhf:

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=linux-libre-5.2.2
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=linux-libre-4.19.60
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=linux-libre-4.14.134
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=linux-libre-4.9.186
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=linux-libre-4.4.186
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=linux-libre-arm-veyron-5.2.2
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=linux-libre-arm-generic-5.2.2
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=linux-libre-arm-generic-4.19.60
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=linux-libre-arm-generic-4.14.134
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=linux-libre-arm-omap2plus-5.2.2
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=linux-libre-arm-omap2plus-4.19.60
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=linux-libre-arm-omap2plus-4.14.134

Unfortunately, I'm unable to get *any* information about what went wrong
from Cuirass.  None of the failed builds have associated log files, and
the build details page has no useful information either.  For example:

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/1488517/details

My first guess was that something went wrong in the 'computed' origin
that runs the deblobbing script.  However, that's apparently not the
case, because all of the updated 'linux-libre-headers' packages built
successfully on armhf, and those use the same source tarballs as the
main 'linux-libre' packages.

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=linux-libre-headers-5.2.2
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=linux-libre-headers-4.19.60
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=linux-libre-headers-4.14.134

Can someone help me find out what's going on here?  Until then, I'm
sorry to say that armhf-linux users will be unable to update their
systems.

       Mark