Subject: bug#36753: The GUI installer throws an error

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 18:39:03 +0200

Hello Jan,

Jan <[email-masked]> skribis:

> What I did:Ran guix system installer from a DVD.When the system
> started I switched to tty3 mounted a flash drive and a partition in
> folders I made in /mnt/.Then I unmounted these disks and removed
> folders.Then I tried installing the system without any DE/WM.The
> installer asked me what network something I want to have, I picked
> DHCP.Then installation failed - "failed to build openssh".It asked me
> if I want to try again, I pressed yes and the installer threw an error
> I attached below.Guix version: 1.0.1System: amd64 --Jan

This looks a lot like this bug:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/35690

In a nutshell, currently the installer cannot be restarted upon failure,
and this is why you got this ugly backtrace.

However, “failed to build openssh” looks like another failure worth
investigating.  Do you have more info as to what happened exactly, what
was printed?  Can you reproduce it?  It would be great if you could post
a picture of the screen at that point.

Thanks,
Ludo’.