Subject: [bug#36752] [PATCH 0/2] git-annex: Don't patch hook shebangs and update version

From: Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 15:46:26 -0400

The git-annex definition patches the snippet that git-annex uses as the
shebang when creating its Git hooks.  As discussed previously [1], this is
problematic because the hooks refer to a bash that may later be garbage
collected.

However, a large number of the tests fail if we simply don't patch the shebang
because the hooks of course can't find the unpatched "/bin/sh" in the build
environment [2].  The first patch updates the definition to use a "patch,
build, test, revert patch, re-build" sequence.  It's not pretty, but it
certainly seems better than disabling the tests.  Please let me know if you
have suggestions for a cleaner approach.

The second patch updates git-annex to its latest version.

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-08/msg00142.html
[2] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-02/msg00012.html

Kyle Meyer (2):
  gnu: git-annex: Don't patch shebang used in hooks.
  gnu: git-annex: Update to 7.20190708.

 gnu/packages/haskell-apps.scm | 18 +++++++++++++++---
 1 file changed, 15 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
2.22.0