Subject: Re: bug#36747: Official MesCC bootstrap binaries differ from my locally built ones

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 01:42:25 -0400

Hi Janneke,

> I have added a very similar set of two patches to wip-cu-binaries,
> branched @ ef809e3ac036eccc5f9c9edd8fb661d14ae15f2f.
>
> They give the same md5sum for me as the wip-binaries branch that
> branched off of master; so mine are at
> http://lilypond.org/janneke/guix/20190722/

I built these, and here are the results:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
mhw@jojen /gnu/store/hd3lk0f08a0sq40qqa6yv1q9gbk7gxww-bootstrap-tarballs-0$ sha256sum *
b5915c71ff5ea722864e1097ce1e7ed50fd68ad7544521f2dd6969173c260276  guile-static-stripped-2.2.4-i686-linux.tar.xz
1acd8f83e27d2fac311a5ca78e9bf11a9a1638b82469870d5c854c4e7afaa26a  linux-libre-headers-stripped-4.14.67-i686-linux.tar.xz
021543d9bb6af55f39e68d69692e3cb74646ced2cad0bb9ac0047ef81e9d7330  mescc-tools-static-stripped-0.5.2-0.bb062b0-i686-linux.tar.xz
fb32090071b39fc804fb9a7fba96f0bc5eb844a0efd268fb24c42e6bfa959de0  mes-minimal-stripped-0.19-i686-linux.tar.xz
9ee954dc19db5c8d4113c73a702fd8f79f26c51024220f2617d0572c0a85e69c  static-binaries-0-i686-linux.tar.xz
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Do these match what you built?

For the sake of completeness, I built these by running

  ./pre-inst-env guix build bootstrap-tarballs --system=i686-linux

from a git checkout at commit 5a6465e41a84b4320940d33709b80d78c1aff9d0.

> After this commit should come the update-commit, using them in
> bootstrap.scm.

Right, except those commits should be applied to the tip of
'core-updates', and not until we're sure that these new bootstrap
binaries are good.

Ludovic, what do you think?

     Thanks,
       Mark