Subject: Re: bug#36747: Official MesCC bootstrap binaries differ from my locally built ones

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 19:41:06 +0200

Mark H Weaver writes:

Hi Mark,

> Actually, I have a better idea.  How about starting a new branch at
> commit ef809e3ac036eccc5f9c9edd8fb661d14ae15f2f (the commit used to
> build the current bootstrap binaries for core-updates) and applying the
> fixes there?  Then you can push that new branch to savannah, and we can
> build it and see if we get the same thing?  Hopefully, the only
> difference will be those store references in MesCC.
>
> What do you think?

I have added a very similar set of two patches to wip-cu-binaries,
branched @ ef809e3ac036eccc5f9c9edd8fb661d14ae15f2f.

They give the same md5sum for me as the wip-binaries branch that
branched off of master; so mine are at
http://lilypond.org/janneke/guix/20190722/

After this commit should come the update-commit, using them in
bootstrap.scm.

HTH,
janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com