Subject: Re: bug#36747: Official MesCC bootstrap binaries differ from my locally built ones

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 04:31:48 -0400

Hi Janneke,

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> What I need is a way to build the new bootstrap tarballs without using
>> the existing 'core-updates' branch.  I need a way to build them from a
>> branch that's based upon the much older bootstrap binaries that we've
>> been using for many years.  Preferably, they should be built from
>> something close to current 'master'.
>>
>> Is this feasible?
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure how much work it would be.

Actually, I have a better idea.  How about starting a new branch at
commit ef809e3ac036eccc5f9c9edd8fb661d14ae15f2f (the commit used to
build the current bootstrap binaries for core-updates) and applying the
fixes there?  Then you can push that new branch to savannah, and we can
build it and see if we get the same thing?  Hopefully, the only
difference will be those store references in MesCC.

What do you think?

      Mark