Subject: Re: bug#36747: Official MesCC bootstrap binaries differ from my locally built ones

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 23:38:02 +0200

Hi Mark,

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

> You can reproduce them with the following command from a git checkout at
> commit 9e6256ba0f32ab12d61c914a3fed879dac881762, which is the tip of the
> 'wip-binaries' branch, based on recent 'master':
>
>   ./pre-inst-env guix build --system=i686-linux bootstrap-tarballs

OK, I’ll give it a try and report back, probably end of next week.

>> srfi/srfi-1.scm:592:17: In procedure map1:
>> Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &message [message: "texinfo-perl-compat.patch: patch not found"] 51bb5c0>)'.
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>
> The string "texinfo-perl-compat" does not occur in the current
> 'core-updates-next' branch on Savannah, which is at commit
> 82eaac49ac983f28768d6623d802f41cbd7f779b.

Oh, I had misconfigured the ‘core-updates-next’ jobset: its
‘load_path_input’ was '("core-updates-next"), which led the host Guix to
lookup bits of the target Guix, hence the confusion.

I fixed it by setting it to the empty list as it should:

  update specifications set load_path_inputs = '()' where name = 'core-updates-next';

(The specs can be seen at <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/specifications>.)

It’s currently being evaluated:

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/core-updates-next

Ludo’.