Subject: bug#36743: Claws-Mail Issues

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 19:10:25 +0200

Raghav,

Raghav Gururajan 写道：
> Hello Guix!
>
> I tried to use claws-mail in guix. There are two following 
> issues:
>
> 1) Error "Encryption System not found"
> 2) Error "Dictionary System not found"
>
> To reproduce these errors, one can install claws-mail, enable 
> spell-
> checking + digital signing/encryption of all emails; and attempt 
> to
> compose an email. The error will pop-up.

Have you tried installing the packages that provide these 
functions into your profile?  You'll have to figure out what they 
are, but I'm guessing ‘Encryption System’ is gnupg.  ;-)

This is really a bug in Claws (‘unhelpful error messages’), not 
Guix.

Just adding gnupg to the claws-mail closure (an exta 26.5 MiB or 
4%) does not appeal to me personally, especially since the same 
message for dictionaries would remain anyway (they are optional by 
definition).  I think improving the error messages is a better 
approach.

It's not our habit to do so, but perhaps we could patch them to 
explicitly say ‘please install the "gnupg" package’ if upstream 
is unresponsive.

Kind regards,

T G-R