Subject: bug#36714: 27.0.50; Gnus nnmaildir taking long time to recursively visit sub-Maildirs

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 10:23:32 -0700

On 07/19/19 08:15 AM, Jean Louis wrote:
> * Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> [2019-07-19 02:27]:
>> First of all, this isn't going to work until you've got Gnus into a
>> basic functioning state -- ie, it's already done a successful scan of
>> your nnmaildir backends.
>
> Thank you for helping. Yet it is not usable for
> me. I have too many maildirs and I was thinking
> Gnus would read it as maildirs, instead it started
> creating .nnmaildir directories inside with copies
> of those emails for its own way of processing.

Yeah, I don't think there's any way around the creation of the
.nnmaildir directories, at least not given the way Gnus currently
functions. They aren't actually copies of the emails -- just vectors of
headers for each mail -- but obviously if you've got a lot of mail they
still take up a lot of space.

Sorry Gnus won't work out!

Eric