Subject: 27.0.50; gnus: some articles with score 0 are killed

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 16:51:23 -0400

The first 15 articles in *Summary* are marked as "Y-" (killed), the last
5 are not.
"V t" on all articles is _identical_:

```
("gwene.ru.org.bash" 400 nil s) [all] -> ~/.gnus-kill/all
("[[:multibyte:]]\\{5\\}" -200 nil r) [all] -> ~/.gnus-kill/all
("[[:nonascii:]]\\{5\\}" -200 nil r) [all] -> ~/.gnus-kill/all

Total score: 0
```

The idea is that non-ascii always means spam except for 1 single group
where I compensate with +400.

This started a few weeks ago, until then all was as expected (no
non-ascii subjects except in the bash group, where nothing was ever
scored).

I am confused why some articles with 0 score are marked with "Y-" and
others are not.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 6, x86_64-apple-darwin18.6.0, NS appkit-1671.50 Version 10.14.5 (Build 18F203))
 of 2019-07-15 built on BZ-C02XR5CGJG5L
Repository revision: 3b6992118501d0a17b6817a91011f8e8dcdf8164
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1671
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.14.5

Recent messages:
Exiting summary buffer and applying spam rules
Truncate long lines disabled
Opening nntp server on news.gmane.org...done
Exiting summary buffer and applying spam rules
Truncate long lines disabled
https://bash.im/quote/456774
Follow the link
Auto-saving...done
https://bash.im/quote/456776
Follow the link

Configured using:
 'configure --with-mailutils --with-ns
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/imagemagick/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/gnutls/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/jansson/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS THREADS
JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  hl-line-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug nndoc ob-ein ein-process ein-jupyter ein-dev
org-element avl-tree org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-loaddefs ein-multilang
ein-multilang-fontify org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs ein-notebooklist ein-company ein-file ein-connect
ein-inspector ein-traceback ein-shared-output ein-pseudo-console
ein-pager ein-completer ein-ac auto-complete popup ein-pytools
ein-subpackages ein-notification ein-scratchsheet ein-iexec
ein-worksheet poly-ein polymode poly-lock polymode-base polymode-weave
polymode-export polymode-compat polymode-methods polymode-core
polymode-classes eieio-custom eieio-base ein-kill-ring ein-cell-output
ein-cell-edit ein-timestamp ein-cell ein-hy ein-skewer skewer-html
sgml-mode skewer-mode cache-table js2-mode js simple-httpd
ein-output-area ein-kernelinfo ein-kernel ein-ipdb ein-events
ein-websocket websocket bindat ein-contents-api ein-notebook ein-query
request ein-node ein-log ein-console ein-classes ein-core ein-utils
deferred dash ein macros rect completion tramp-cmds cal-move cal-x view
cal-china cal-bahai cal-islam cal-julian holidays hol-loaddefs
bbdb-anniv cal-iso cal-hebrew lunar solar cal-dst appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs find-dired apropos
dired-aux pp eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe log-edit
log-view pcvs-util canlock url-queue inline edebug shr svg xml dom
browse-url skeleton smtpmail dabbrev rot13 bbdb-message mailalias
sendmail cookie1 nnir cl-indent misearch multi-isearch sort smiley
gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-dup qp mail-extr gnus-ml hl-line
disp-table spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc nndraft nnmh gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig utf-7 gnus-cache gnus-sum bbdb-gnus nntp gnus-group gnus-undo
tramp-cache gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc
nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win cl-print debug backtrace
find-func mm-archive message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode gnutls network-stream
url-http mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap finder-inf smerge-mode diff vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs add-log remember dired dired-loaddefs
sh-script executable score-mode inf-ruby ruby-mode smie company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-eclim company-template company-bbdb yasnippet-snippets cl-extra
yasnippet flymake-proc flymake warnings company-capf company pcase
help-fns radix-tree help-mode elpy edmacro kmacro find-file-in-project
ivy delsel colir color ivy-overlay ffap thingatpt windmove elpy-shell
pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module
esh-groups esh-util elpy-profile elpy-django s elpy-refactor ido grep
compile etags fileloop generator xref project cus-edit python tramp-sh
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
shell pcomplete parse-time ls-lisp format-spec comint ring ansi-color
yaml-mode vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher flyspell ispell make-mode
elec-pair vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs midnight gnus
nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
text-property-search time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit
bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site timezone edit-server
advice server which-func imenu paren help-at-pt desktop frameset
cus-start cus-load cl info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1950219 77410)
 (symbols 48 52910 27)
 (strings 32 408651 17785)
 (string-bytes 1 13142875)
 (vectors 16 134782)
 (vector-slots 8 2679345 162642)
 (floats 8 1145 925)
 (intervals 56 178066 1590)
 (buffers 992 151))

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1671
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com
http://www.dhimmitude.org http://mideasttruth.com http://think-israel.org
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.