Subject: Re: [bug#36695] [PATCH 3/3] guix: ant-build-system: Use absolute path as base-dir.

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 12:57:21 +0200

Le 19 juillet 2019 12:43:50 GMT+02:00, Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>Am 17.07.19 um 10:17 schrieb Julien Lepiller:
>> I don't understand the point of that patch. I can already add a chdir
>phase just after unpack to do just that. What does this patch give us?
>
>This patch only ensures the build-directory is an absolute path instead
>of a relative one. It does not enable to specify the build-dir as an
>option to the ant-build-system. Thus it is different from using a chdir
>phase.
>
>As this patch is some years old now, I can't remember the exact case.
>AFAIR the relative path did not work for some packages for some reason.
>
>Please let me know if I should include this one, too. (No reasoning
>necessary.)
>
>(I'm just waiting for your answer to avoid rebuilding all java-packages
>twice - even on staging)

I'm fine with this patch, but I still don't see the point.