Subject: [bug#36695] [PATCH 3/3] guix: ant-build-system: Use absolute path as base-dir.

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 12:43:50 +0200

Am 17.07.19 um 10:17 schrieb Julien Lepiller:
> I don't understand the point of that patch. I can already add a chdir phase just after unpack to do just that. What does this patch give us?

This patch only ensures the build-directory is an absolute path instead
of a relative one. It does not enable to specify the build-dir as an
option to the ant-build-system. Thus it is different from using a chdir
phase.

As this patch is some years old now, I can't remember the exact case.
AFAIR the relative path did not work for some packages for some reason.

Please let me know if I should include this one, too. (No reasoning
necessary.)

(I'm just waiting for your answer to avoid rebuilding all java-packages
twice - even on staging)

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |