Subject: 27.0.50; Test secrets-test03-items is failing

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 18:24:33 +0100

X-Debbugs-Cc: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Severity: minor

On current master on my machine, 'make check' reports one file
containing unexpected results:

Running 5 tests (2019-07-16 18:13:46+0100, selector `(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))')
   passed  1/5  secrets-test00-availability (0.007341 sec)
   passed  2/5  secrets-test01-sessions (0.011786 sec)
   passed  3/5  secrets-test02-collections (0.007273 sec)
Test secrets-test03-items backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (equal (secrets-get-attributes "ses
  ert-fail(((should (equal (secrets-get-attributes "session" item) '((
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1573ace03b1d>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name secrets-test03-items :documentation "
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or ... ...)) :te
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable))) #f(co
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/secrets-tests" "
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test secrets-test03-items condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (equal
	(secrets-get-attributes "session" item)
	'...))
      :form
      (equal
       ((:host . "remote-host")
	(:method . "sudo")
	(:user . "joe")
	(:xdg:schema . "org.freedesktop.Secret.Generic"))
       ((:xdg:schema . "org.freedesktop.Secret.Generic")
	(:host . "remote-host")
	(:user . "joe")
	(:method . "sudo")))
      :value nil :explanation
      (list-elt 0
		(car
		 (different-atoms :host :xdg:schema)))))
   FAILED  4/5  secrets-test03-items (0.080947 sec)
   passed  5/5  secrets-test04-search (0.075937 sec)

Ran 5 tests, 4 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2019-07-16 18:13:46+0100, 0.423667 sec)

1 unexpected results:
   FAILED  secrets-test03-items

For some reason, the test secrets-test03-items expects
secrets-get-attributes to silently put the attribute :xdg:schema at the
beginning of the returned alist, but on my system that attribute is
placed at the end.

Is the precise ordering of attributes significant?  If so, why?  If not,
the test should stop assuming any particular ordering and use
seq-set-equal-p in place of equal.  Patch to this effect to follow.

Thanks,

-- 
Basil

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2019-07-16 built on thunk
Repository revision: a87840fffbf471d53eba17ea683728125d2d4767
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured using:
 'configure 'CC=ccache gcc' 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=native' --config-cache
 --prefix=/home/blc/.local --with-mailutils --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-modules --with-file-notification=yes --with-x'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix