Subject: bug#36693: 26.2.90; forms.texi: s/forms-number-of-records/forms-number-of-fields/

From: [email-masked] (N. Jackson)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 12:05:21 -0400

There is an error in the Forms manual in the `Control File Format'
node at (info "(forms)Control File Format"). The text

     If the control file does not set ‘forms-format-list’ a default format
  is used.  In this situation, Forms mode will deduce the number of fields
  from the data file providing this file exists and
  ‘forms-number-of-records’ has not been set in the control file.

should read

     If the control file does not set ‘forms-format-list’ a default format
  is used.  In this situation, Forms mode will deduce the number of fields
  from the data file providing this file exists and
  ‘forms-number-of-fields’ has not been set in the control file.

. That is, s/-records/-fields/.

A patch is appended below.

In GNU Emacs 26.2.90 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.1)
 of 2019-07-16 built on moondust.localdomain
Repository revision: b2fde4b5e8e91aa57313af09465091303eeb7d39

>From dca97d494f04ba43ba5556f556aee71498813deb Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: "N. Jackson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 18:22:44 -0400
Subject: [PATCH] * doc/misc/forms.texi (Control File Format): Fix a doc error.

---
 doc/misc/forms.texi | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/doc/misc/forms.texi b/doc/misc/forms.texi
index d669ed6d03..9423f94609 100644
--- a/doc/misc/forms.texi
+++ b/doc/misc/forms.texi
@@ -431,7 +431,7 @@ Control File Format
 If the control file does not set @code{forms-format-list} a default
 format is used.  In this situation, Forms mode will deduce the number of
 fields from the data file providing this file exists and
-@code{forms-number-of-records} has not been set in the control file.
+@code{forms-number-of-fields} has not been set in the control file.
 
 The control file can optionally set the following additional Forms mode
 variables.  Most of them have default values that are good for most
-- 
2.20.1