Subject: bug#36689: closed (Re: 27.0.50; calc can't show grouped hex numbers)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 15:44:02 +0000

Your bug report

#36689: 27.0.50; calc can't show grouped hex numbers

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36689: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36689
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 27.0.50; calc can't show grouped hex numbers
From: Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>
To: Li Feng <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 17:43:21 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thank you, now fixed in master. Neither hex nor octal worked; the functions were simply missing.
Binary worked, but it used funny 0-padding; probably a result of the recent bignum change in 1bc1672f77.

Subject: 27.0.50; calc can't show grouped hex numbers
From: Li Feng <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 23:07:08 +1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

0. Start clean Emacs with "emacs -q"
1. Enter some numbers into calc
2. Switch to hex display with "d r 16"
3. Turn on grouping with "d g"
4. Observe error message "calc-do: Symbol’s function definition is void:
math-format-hex"

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2019-07-16 built on SATURN
Repository revision: 288e83ae00fcf6da8064ecb5a8ffaec202c5e9ec
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.18362
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.1903.18362.239)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Welcome to the GNU Emacs Calculator!  Press ‘?’ or ‘h’ for help, ‘q’ to quit
Number radix is 16
calc-do: Symbol’s function definition is void: math-format-hex
Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O3 -g0
 -march=native'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/mingw64/lib/pkgconfig:/mingw64/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS
LIBXML2 HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENA
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Calculator

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec subr-x rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils calc-mode
calc-misc calc-bin calc-alg calc-ext cl-loaddefs cl-lib calc-menu
easymenu calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs elec-pair tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify
dbusbind w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 74976 9681)
 (symbols 48 8817 1)
 (strings 32 22581 2064)
 (string-bytes 1 642324)
 (vectors 16 10894)
 (vector-slots 8 140243 13462)
 (floats 8 29 259)
 (intervals 56 301 0)
 (buffers 992 14))