Subject: Re: bug#36685: ant-bootstrap fails on core-updates (409 dependents)

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 15:40:00 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> So, with the following change I was able to build all the way up to the
>>> latest openjdk.  Should we use it despite the introduction of a memory
>>> leak in a bootstrap JVM?  Can we make the patch smaller (fewer uses of
>>> glibc 2.28 or gcc-5)?
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>
>>
>> I will have a look at reducing the patch later today. I will report back
>> tomorrow morning with the results.
>
> Did you have any luck with this?

We should decide soon, because core-updates is about to be merged
(finally!) – any objections to my earlier patch?

-- 
Ricardo