Subject: Re: bug#36685: ant-bootstrap fails on core-updates (409 dependents)

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 23:07:30 +0200

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> writes:

> Le Sat, 20 Jul 2019 10:42:25 +0200,
> Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>
>> configure: error: Could not find required system headers; install the
>> appropriate files from glibc-headers, libc6-dev and/or libattr-devel,
>> libattr1-dev or use --disable-compile-against-syscalls if necessary.
>
> Can you check the content of config.log? It should tell you what test
> it runs to determine whether attr is present or not.

It’s pretty straight-forward: xattr.h is no longer provided by the attr
package.  sys/xattr.h from glibc should be used instead, so I’ve patched
it.

I fixed another problem in the icedtea 2 build and moved on.  Let’s see
how far I’ll get this time.  In the meantime it would be great to reach
consensus on whether we should shrug off the patch that introduces a
memory leak in GNU Classpath 0.93 as part of the bootstrap or if we
should spend more time trying to figure out how we can avoid it.

--
Ricardo