Subject: Re: bug#36681: Feature Request: Option to build Emacs without byte-compilation.

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 09:45:51 +0200

On Jul 15 2019, Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Keith David Bershatsky <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> --without-makeinfo
>>
>> GEN      ../../info/elisp.info
>> /c/docume~1/admini~1/desktop/emacs/doc/lispref//display.texi:5740: `SVG Path Commands' has no Up field (perhaps incorrect sectioning?).
>
> As I mentioned on the emacs-devel thread, the fact that you are building
> info even though you've specified --without-makeinfo suggests something
> has gone badly wrong.

If you have makeinfo, then --without-makeinfo is ignored.  To truely
disable info generation you need to pass MAKEINFO=no.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."