Subject: Re: bug#36680: 27.0.50; undo-tree visualizer flickering with display-buffer-reuse-frames -> t

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 10:16:07 +0200

>> You probably should have used an 'inhibit-switch-frame' ALIST entry
 >> then.
 >
 > Where would you suggest to do that, as a user, without changing code?
 > Potentially any arbitrary buffer can be affected.

It's not trivial, unfortunately.  As a user, one has to identify the
calling undo-tree function.

 >> OK.  Then please, try the attached patch.
 >
 > Yes, good, that's what I want - thanks.

I pushed the change now.

 > I hope no existing code relies
 > on the old behavior.  But I think it's an improvement, also in other
 > situations.

Strictly speaking, the change should be in 'get-buffer-window-list' to
possibly pick a window before the selected one on the selected frame.
But I can't really change the semantics of that.

 >> Note that when there's no suitable window on the selected frame you
 >> will still get the annoying behavior.
 >
 > In this case it's not trivial what could be done better.  Let's say that
 > this is not part of my report.

OK.  If you see no further problems, please close this bug.

Thanks, martin